Sunday, October 9, 2011

PM Netanyahu and President Peres extend sympathies to Erdogan

JPost:
Apparently trying to use humane gestures to crack Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan's enmity toward Israel, both Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu and President Shimon Peres sent him letters of condolences in recent days on the loss of his mother.

Erdogan's 83-year-old mother, Tenzile, died on Friday.

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu sent a letter of condolences through diplomatic channels to Erdogan on the day of her passing.

On Sunday, Peres also sent a letter. "The passing of your beloved mother was received with much sadness," Peres wrote. "From personal experience I know the deep sense of grief of feeling like an orphan, and the bondless sorrow of your loss. Please accept my profound condolences and sympathy in this time of mourning."

Read the rest here.

While I certainly wouldn't describe Erdogan as "man of the year" or "a friend," I do acknowledge the tough bearing of having your mother pass away, and I extend my sympathies to him too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your comment below: